UNESCO’s mission is to contribute to peace and human development through Education, the Sciences, Culture and Communication.
Throughout its activities and projects, UNESCO performs the following range of functions:
- laboratory of ideas: UNESCO plays a key role in anticipating and defining the most important emerging problems in its spheres of competence, identifying appropriate strategies and policies to deal with them.
- standard setter: UNESCO serves as a forum for articulating the ethical, normative and intellectual issues of our time, working towards universal agreements on these issues.
- clearinghouse: UNESCO has a role in gathering, transferring, disseminating and sharing available information, knowledge and best practices in its fields of competence, identifying innovative solutions and testing them though pilot projects.
- capacity-builder in Member States: UNESCO organizes international cooperation to serve its stakeholders in building human and institutional capacities.
- catalyst for international cooperation: UNESCO as a technical multidisciplinary agency plays a catalytic role for cooperation.
Director of UNESCO Almaty Office: Ms. Krista Pikkat
67, Tole Bi Street. 050000. Almaty, KAZAKHSTAN.
Website at HQ: http://en.unesco.org/countries/field-offices/almaty
Permanent link: http://en.unesco.kz/about-unesco-almaty-cluster-office