20 June 2018
1-8 June 2018, in Almaty a two-day training for young leaders was held. The main aim was to teach young people the planning of social projects for their further implementation.
Thus, young participants divided in several groups, formed ideas on issues of inclusive education, inter-ethnic conflicts in the region and protection of the environment.
Having obtained certain skills and knowledge, using the new toolkit "UNESCO Project Planner", young participants were able to transform their ideas into the project proposals for subsequent fundraising.
By the end of the training, young participants could confidently perform the main functions of the project planning, namely:
- Define parameters and plan the project;
- Budgeting and drafting of project estimates;
- Basics of fundraising for the implementation of the project;
- Implementation and coordination of the project;
- Providing information and communication support;
- Monitoring and reporting on the project.
The training was implemented within the framework of the UNESCO Operational Strategy for Youth for 2014-2021 and the United Nations Global Agenda 2030 / Sustainable Development Goals.